Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good bye

The first time I remember saying goodbye on a really downhearted note was when I went to Dehradun for studies. My parents had come to see me join a new school in the hills. That was the first time I was going away from my parents and home. I remember seeing them off from a hostel gate. I was trying very hard not to cry as I wanted to look brave. Then it became a half yearly feature saying good bye to parents after my vacations. After few vacations I started saying Goodbye to friends from hostel when we had the semester break. Every year we gave a Goodbye sendoff to our seniors till it was our turn. And before I knew Goodbye was really just another word in my diction. Then goodbye started coming naturally to me. After that it has been places making new acquaintances and saying Goodbye. In between there were few course mates to whom I had to say Goodbye, considered as final…. But sooner or later we met many times. After all the world is round isn’t it? People, friends, and colleagues we all keep on meeting. So Goodbye is not final. Farewell is not final even when I had to say goodbye to my ailing uncle. I only wish when it’s time to say Goodbye before that I hold all stories in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment